To Fight Or Not To Fight? (Shakespeare Shmakespeare)

“You might as well stand and fight because if you run, you will only die tired” – Vern Jocque – Sei Shin Kan

I remember the first time I saw the famous Shakespearean play, Hamlet. It was incredible. The intricate set, the music, the drama … I mean … I had absolutely no idea what any of the actors were saying specifically, but judging from the looks on all the other apparently smarter audience member’s faces, it was really profound. I’m guessing the play was in Greek, but honestly, I guess that about a lot of things so I don’t know really.

I did, however, recognize one line in the play, which makes me officially more cultured than at least three other people on earth …

“To be or not to be? That is the question.”

Upon hearing that, I immediately did a Solo ill-Timed Standing Ovation. Now if you’ve never been to a show with me personally, then you probably have no idea what that is. A Solo ill-Timed Standing Ovation is when you’re the only person who is standing and clapping (sometimes doing “the wave”), and you’re doing it at the awkwardest possible time. I personally thought it was hilarious, but as is usual when I think I’m hilarious, my wife is regretting things.

Unfortunately for me only, the actor switched back to Greek after that line, so I got frustrated and left for the concession stand (read: bar) for the remainder of the performance.

After stumbling out of the theater what felt like nine hours later, I had two profound questions burning in my mind:

1. Does it not make sense to call an omelet with ham in it a hamlet? Why aren’t we doing that?

2. What does “to be or not to be” mean technically speaking?

To this day I have no sensible answer for question number one. But, as for me and my house, ham omelets are officially hamlets. Number two, after much contemplation (and Googling), I figured out.

“To be or not to be?” To live or die – which is better?

Have you ever asked yourself this question? I have. If you haven’t, it may mean you haven’t stopped to think deeply enough about this world. A person whose life’s palette is colored predominantly by shades of bliss might do well to consider the old saying about that particular color’s relationship to ignorance.

However, as common as it may be for some of us more enlightened and tortured souls to ask ourselves this question, it is officially what I call The Query Of The Wussbag.

Wussbags wish for death.

Warriors fight for life.

“The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” -Carlos Castaneda

During those moments when life has been so painful for me that I’ve literally prayed for a freak bubonic plague to come break out on my face and end my misery, I was being a pussy.

Imagine a Navy Seal on a secret mission with orders to protect and defend the American people whimpering like a baby and trying to figure out how to get home just because a few measly little 50 Cal bullets are whizzing by his head. NEVER! Warriors throw themselves into the heat of the battle with full intent to destroy the enemy, save the world, and win. They don’t complain or cry about it. And if they die during battle, so be it. Who gives a crap. They’re warriors.

I have a much better question for us all to ask …

“To fight or not to fight?”

That is the question.

Similar to that Navy Seal, God has sent you to this earth – the ultimate battlefield – with orders to protect and defend your fellow soldiers, and defeat the enemy. How are you doing with that? Have you saved a life lately? Or are you mainly concerned with saving your own ass?

“But the just shall live by faith; and if he draws back and shrinks in fear My soul has no delight or pleasure in him.”

– God

Part of becoming truly wealthy involves developing a warrior’s mentality. Your mission will be over soon. Could be tomorrow for all you know. You’ll either get a medal of honor and a hero’s banquet or a dishonorable discharge and a coward’s just desserts.

Shakespeare shmakespeare. Greek people don’t even have an army I don’t think.

Are you going to fight or not?

Make a public commitment out loud to the world in a comment below. Unless you’re scared!

146 replies on “To Fight Or Not To Fight? (Shakespeare Shmakespeare)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• Sharon

wow! I’m the first to comment! Didn’t expect that.

If you woke up this morning, it is not your question to ask to be or not to be. God already decided that for you today. You will be. So go BE!! Be all that He intended for you to be. Dreams and ideas on your heart were put there for a reason. Go make it happen. Go BE!!!

• Stan Haig

Hey Preston. Stan here, from central CT. I have persevered through much adversity. I have found in my experience that the lord answers prayers.
      SOMETIMES THE ANSWER IS NO !
      As gleaned from the great and powerful YODA
      ” DO OR DO NOT DO. THERE IS NO TRY ”

p.s. please feel free to use this, it says it all.
      p.p.s. I just now read carols post. Carol you are actually telling my exact story. The Lord moves in mysterious ways

• carol

Hi I am ready to fight!!! I have been sick for awhile now doctors dont know the problem really! Im so tired of being tired. I just hooked up on an email from Drew Canole about juicing, hell Ive done everything else. Im also in need of knowledge for me to become wealthy. Oh one more thing…I thought ham omlettes were always called Hamlets? Bright Blessings to You.

• Eliza

Made this for my family. They ATE IT UP and even asked for the recipe. Hotsynle, all of your recipes have been winners. This is why I love this blog! Thank you Tracy!

• Cindy

Hey Pre$ton! Loved this post. You’ve awakened the warrior in me and I intend to charge hard and charge forward in service to the Lord. Blessings on you and yours!! Cindy

• Sean

You gotta have WIT… I will do Whatever It Takes to conquer this world. To overcome the circumstances that beat others down, and to help others conquer as well.

“In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.” -Romans 8:37

“For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world— our faith.” -1 John 5:4

• Joseph

I’m not gonna lie. I think you write great material but I have nothing to say to the above. The real reason I am commenting is because I would thoroughly enjoy winning a copy of Wake Up Wealthy. Thanks again for the great material you have been delivering via Facebook. Joe

• Timothy

Well you certainly got a laugh out of me Preston, not to mention you put me back in my place this early morning. Some times we get so filled with the troubles of the world that our own lives become a part of that misery. We all need to step back and take a closer look when in that frame of mind, because thats when the warrior should be stepping up and making his stand. It takes a warrior mentality to get past the crap. Be strong fight on, this is your life to hell with following the masses take your own path.

• Keisha

I believe most people start out as cowards until they realize that playing dead isn’t getting them anywhere. The fear of the unknown stops most in their own tracks, but the ones that take that fear and use it as motivation to succeed, may stumble but they get back up stronger than before and more determined. Failure is is like death, even not trying is; it’s “the not to be”…..I want “to be” to live, try and succeed

• Jeff Lantz

Preston you amaze me.Not only can you not write, and I should know, but I think you made the whole thing up. Way to fight….. Cudos

• Van becker

My wife and I are working hard trying to launch our real estate investment business. We have struggled and spent through our funds. We did Fortune Builders Mastery but have yet closed a rehab deal. 0 for 5. We are now doing. HUD hone wholesaling but have yet win a house to wholesale. We are out if money and on the ropes. Literally mortgaged my farm and have used up the money. Out debts are crushing us. We were so convinced we would be cash positive by now.

For the first tine in about 12 years, I can’t pay child support. It’s humiliating. We did not buy Christmas present in 2012 for our kids or each other. It was an experience I don’t want to repeat.

In short, any avenue that can help us generate any revenue in real estate that we can repetitively reproduce we are all for. We just don’t have any money to pay for it .

We hope we can get a much needed shot if help. Winning this would be such a boost.

• David

One would think that fighting hard, the world hits you as well as “giving in” or “going with the flow” the world will like you and your life will be survivable. In yet never do we find happy people who have given. The best playing the hopeless tune can do is try to catch some sympathy and enough substance to last another day for that loop of hell. Father in heaven told us to conquer the universe, not just this planet, that will only be done by the warrior type. When you say warrior to most people, they immediatly think of of war and killing people. This is not the meaning being pointed out here, the term warrior as applied to life, means someone who wills to create the energy to cause survive for himself and others. All energy in this universe was created by a warrior of life, whether “good” or “bad”. If a person has given up or become “content” with “the way things are” this person is only going to get the used, contaminated, second hand energy in whatever form it happens to be. Second rate anything doesn’t bode well for good or even decent survival. Its like eating second hand food, you can do it, you probably can survive on fesces, but it will be miserable and the quality of life will be very poor. Think about it and you will see the only way to improve your life is to create your own by will for that is the creation of energy itself; and is good quality. As Father sees those creating energy he improves it to mass effective. Those not creating anything, get nothing, but second hand fesces. Read this twice, hopefully you will understand exactly how and why you should become a warrior of life. Life is not a spectator sport.

• Stu Verch

To me….the statement “To be or not to be” means becoming successful is a conscious decision. Procrastinating is an outward as well as an inward sign that you haven’t decided whether or not you will become successful.

• Pamala

“To fight or not to fight?”
    Pre$ton my Friend…I believe whole heartetly “It is not about getting thru the Storm… It’s about Learning To Dance in The Rain”.
    Fight like The Warrior We were created to Be…Make it A Great 1!…

• Bob

Nicely done Preston.

That Castaneda quote is inspiring. I had not seen that quote before … very cool.

Yes, we are all in the game. There is no sitting on the bench. But most people are pawns.

Most people don’t know that they don’t know. Some come to realize they don’t know, and then choose to go back to sleep (Blue Pill).

The only way to win The Game is to be an eager learner, and seek the truth.

Is life about materialism and superficiality? I think not.

“The real hopeless victims of mental illness are to be found among those who appear to be most normal. Many of them are normal because they are so well adjusted to our mode of existence, because their human voice has been silenced so early in their lives that they do not even struggle or suffer or develop symptoms as the neurotic does. They are normal not in what may be called the absolute sense of the word; they are normal only in relation to a profoundly abnormal society. Their perfect adjustment to that abnormal society is a measure of their mental sickness. These millions of abnormally normal people, living without fuss in a society to which, if they were fully human beings, they ought not to be adjusted.” – Aldous Huxley – Brave New World Revisited

Seek The Truth my friends … it is the only thing that can lead to a life well-lived.

Peace.

• Antonio

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or shmetoing. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is great blog. A great read. I will certainly be back..

• Mr.p

The question should be, Are you(we) going to fight the enemies you(we) create for & within ourselves?? Real “warriors” skill is intelligence. They dont just react, they RESPOND! If there’s a chance to win, they’ll make a move, to avoid committing suicide! Also, it has been said that, “.. each of us, have within us 2 equally matched Warriors in constant battle awaiting our command on who will RULE(Win)!! Here’s a religious quote, from a Non-religious man, “….Faith WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD.”!!!! By the way, i will use the information to help improve myself thereby helping others on the same path, that i encounter.

• Amy

I,m a mother of two and a Warrior through and trough. I wake up every morning, look out my backdoor window, and no matter if it’s snowing, raining, sleet, hail, wind or sunshine, I say BRING IT ON! No matter what tasks I have to take on in the day, whether I,m looking forward to it or not, I say BRING IT ON! I cannot be a coward, my children need me to be strong so they can grow to be Warriors. Fear can weaken us out of ignorance, but if we are knowledgeable of our fear it can give us strength. What you write makes me smile inside and I Thank you for that.

• Jack Spence

It is hard to succeed if you really care about what other people think. It is also hard to succeed if you take money too seriously.

Most of the time failure comes from worry. If you worry too much then you will not think clearly and logically. If it comes down to the question of “to live or to die” then you have already lost the game.

Money is just little pieces of paper and digits in your account. Opinions are just another form of gossip. Relax and you will succeed. If you feel embarrassed because your ideas are different, then you’re not a leader.

Don’t use weakness as an excuse for failure. Weakness is your own invention, so is strength.

• Scott

I like your “Solo ill-Timed Standing Ovation”. I once went to an opera when I was about twelve years old (Wow, that was a long time ago!) and when at the end when the proverbial “Fat Lady” was singing her song of death, I pulled out a toy gun and fired a few shots, “Bang! Bang! Bang!” to help put her out of her missery. Probably not socially acceptable today, even less so than it was back then, huh? Anyway, to be or not to be?… Well, I am! I also take pride in not being a sheep or a wolf, but a sheep dog, one who protects the sheep from the wolves. Not much of a follower, always the observer, and sometimes definitely the fighter. Love your writing! Keep up the good work and don’t be afraid to pass the video course this way. Go Warriors and sheep dogs alike!

• Sonny

Interestingly, Al82ain&#dd17;s mother was an actual character in the movie early in its development. My DVD has a few cut scenes of her.(Has nothing to do with your post, which I enjoyed; just trivia.)

• craig ferguson

Awesome…you better know that I am a warrior and I am going after everything I am designed to get!. Great article!

• Billy Bob

Hi,

I contract to a company who contracts with Dell to do all of their warranty work. A few months ago I was assigned to do a repair at a local Community College. Everything went wrong. I was assigned a Student helper to navigate around the IT area. But he soon disappeared to sextext his girl friend, I was left alone in a secure area with no codes for the door locks, after the repair I found that Dell had sent defective parts, When I tried to call Dell support I was on hold for 40 minutes and could not reach anyone (later found out their phones died that day), went to Dell chat and was told they could do nothing but would pass the info on, and I filed a daily report to my supervisor explaining all this.

I also explained all this to the College IT Service Manager. Two weeks went by and no-one from Dell had contacted him. He then went on a rampage contacting everyone he could think of and blamed me for Dell’s failure. He went so far as to call Dell sales and said he would throw Dell out of the College and move to HP if they did not fire me.

This is a small college, but Dell decided I was banned from this campus and all the major Universities in the area.

This has cut my work by thirty percent. I could say nothing and suffer this loss or fight back and take every administrative and legal remedy at my disposal. Doing this, I risk losing all work.

But this IT manager attacked my livelihood for his personal pique.

Damned if I am running. He will be fought.

Thanks for the inspiration.

• Dave S

HURA..
    No doubt I will fight. It’s not about being fearless as much as it is facing the fear, staring it down and pushing right through the fear. If Moses hadn’t faced his fear and trusted in God to see him through, his people never would have been freed from Egypt.

This is a great reminder for those moments when you are finding yourself being stretched a little bit. When you are called to step out of your comfort zone to get a task done or to move your business to the next level.
    For example: Introducing yourself to a stranger, making cold calls, public speaking, taking on a new commitment.
    Just think, “Fight or Flight” “Live or Die” “Win or Loose”

I have never regretted taking on a challenge and failing but I have regretted not doing something I knew needed to be done!

• Angela

I loved what you said about your solo ill-timed standing ovation. Thought I was the only one who did things like that. If you think about it….. Those are the people who are gutsy enough to make things happen. They are the ones willing to go out on a limb … To not only “be” but go and do. Personally, I’m not satisfied just being…I want to go and do.
    As a side note, I absolutely loved your video on Love Dominican. Check out Hopethroughedu.org. Our latest project is helping the albino children in Africa who are being sought after for their “magical” bones. A right leg goes for $2500. Family’s will sell their own flesh and blood for the money.

God Bless

• Lynn

While many of us would find it difficult to become warriors in an earthly sense, the ability to “act as if” we are is one of truly remarkable gifts that God has given us, even if we’re quaking in our boots!

I read recently that as believers, confident that we will live eternally with our Father, we have the unique ability to fearlessly experience everything life throws at us and should welcome those experiences as part of our learning process on earth.

That includes stepping out of the comfort zone, the solo ill-timed standing ovation, the Navy Seal standing heroic in the heat of battle, a loved one’s death…even our own death…and the countless experiences, good and bad that life throws at us!

I’ll admit that I struggle with that part (fearlessly!) but if Christ Jesus could endure the experience of the Cross, and have prior knowledge that was his destiny, what do we have to be afraid of?

As fallen beings, we get way too connected to the “reality” of the physical world and fail to nurture that Divine part of ourselves that connects us to the Father. Part of developing the warrior mentality is developing the knowledge that nothing can truly harm us, the “us” being the everlasting part of us, our soul, no matter what happens to this earthly body! When we truly understand that, why would we be afraid to try anything?

I hope I’m not coming across as preachy here, it’s just that so many of us fail to realize our potential, let alone live up to it! Thanks, Preston, for your encouragement and unique insights to how we can all be the best we can be!

Blessings and make the most of your time here, it’s barely an eyeblink in the bigger picture!

• Paul R

Bring It On World!! I shall defeat all enemies of mind, body, and spirit!! I shall Succeed in all that I do!! I am a Warrior unlike any other you have faced!!– Except for that springing out of bed as soon as I am concious thing and smiling all the way through my 1 hour exersize routine — Who’da thunk those would be harder than doing the actual exersize!! But After That….

• Peggy Zurcher

I totally agree! A warrior never gives up until their last dying breath and that is how you need to approach everything you do. That is why I have Jack Russell Terriers, they never give up!

• daniel herlinger

as a knower of jesus christ i have all power in heaven behind me.so i will conq. and devide. which means i do fight till death i decided it will be least 115 years old because i have comited myself to a younger pretty wife.i am winner at everthing because have have to do what ever it takes in all i do . example. i took my wife home in philippines in manlia. i am washington dc city ,cowboy just like general lee. jesus christ alerted me to two philippine muslin bombers. with backpack bombs i got him a coke and interigated him i alerted the airport peronal they were thinking something was going to happen it was all saints day i did not know. we chased them though airport. we saved about 300 people and plane they used bomb dogs. had big meeting with crew before plane could fly.i got no credit just jesus christ. that is just one thing on one day of life i am used to battle every day it gives me peace and personal pride daniel

• Steven Minichiello

To quote the New Hampshire state motto “live free or die” what is left out of the motto is the other half of the quote which for me completes the thought – “for death is not the worst of all evils” . To not live free is hell on earth and financial freedom is HUGE! I had to get a job a few years back and my goal is to become gainfully unemployed with your help. Thanks for all the inspiration and education!. Go down swinging!

• Eric

This is AWESOME!!! Many of us don’t realize who we are, and more importantly WHOSE (God’s children) we are. Thank you for these inspiring words. My FAITH is OFFFFFFF-ICIALLY bigger than my fear. Time to go change MY world..for the sake of my chu-runs chu-runs (Proverbs 13:22).

Continue to INSPIRE my brother!

• Patrick

I am going to fight, knowing that I am not alone. God is in my battlefront. Without him, I cannot fight. So, everyday, we true believers are in a fight. There is no other choice, but to fight, or else, you are lazy, and you miss your mission on earth.

• Jacob

I think that in order to be successful in anything, you must have a warrior’s mentality to stand and fight. You must chose your battles but ultimately, the strategy is to win!

• Greg

Take no prisoners and don’t be taken prisoner. Fight to the very end. To your last breath. That is life worth living. That is my warrior creed!

• Tamara

We are meant for GREATNESS. To Be Who We Really Are. That’s why we are call Human BEING.

We are not the things we do, but the way we are BEing.

The State of Being is the way we express our very definition of self. This has nothing to do with what we are doing, what we have done, or what we imagine we will do in the future. It has to do with the quality and the essence of the energy that emanates from us right now. Is it love, or is it fear?

Everything we express emerges from one of these two starting points. Yet we can return to love, as Marianne Williamson famously wrote, at any time you wish. For each day, each moment, offers a new beginning.

• Corky Chavers

Preston I think you are crazy and my mom thinks the same about me therfore,,,,,we have something in common. Nice article. I’m a warrior and now have a purpose.

• Gregg

I agree with everything you wrote. I would add that the next obvious step is asking WHAT are you fighting for? Equally important would be WITH WHOM are you fighting?

If you are going to live the Christian faith then you are forced to accept that your true enemy is YOUR WILL and YOUR SELFISH DESIRES. If you believe The Bible then there is no getting around that simple truth. “Present yourself a living sacrifice…”,”Not My will be done but Yours…”,”Seek ye first the kingdom of God…”,”To obey is better than sacrifice…”

You cannot serve two masters. I contest one reason why so many christians are miserable is because they try to serve themselves AND God. Again, The Bible has an answer for this, “Choose you this day whom you will serve.”

The most difficult war you will ever fight as a christian will be the battle against your own will. And that is a moment to moment decision that you will make every second for the rest of your life. Tell me that doesn’t take a warrior mentality.

And if you think this is not a big deal, remember that it was one person (Eve) who chose her will over God’s that started this whole mess…

• Taj

I suppose Gabby Johnson of Blazing Saddles said it best, ‘Reverend’! And as my military friends say, huya! Simper fi do or die! ‘I don’t try anything, I just do it!’-white zombie
    Get busy living or get busy dying

• Bob

I just think we need to be careful about what we are FIGHTING FOR. Yes, we need to fight! But are you fighting for self (“do what ever it takes”) for selfish ambition, or for the Kingdom of God? Maybe it’s more about Trust and surrender? Consider that Jesus gave up his life so that many can live.

I’m at a point in my life where my pattern is to keep fighting… but the instinct is to fight in my own strength for my own (entrepreneurial) plans and dreams. I believe that’s what MOST people are really talking about… But lately, I think I’m called to SURRENDER, sacrifice, postpone or kill my dreams, so that God can refine me and test my obedience to Him. That in itself, is the fight–putting off my old nature, putting on the new.

Doesn’t “the just shall live by faith” — mean Faith in God, in His promises, and God’s leading, not just “faith in faith” for my own personal gain?

• Andy

After getting some leads, meeting some homeowners, and coming up with no deals, this is what will separate me from the competition, because life doesn’t stop if I stop. I know I’m a warrior pushing through more leads, calls, and appointments, and it will bring victories. Most people are satisfied by their meek ways of life, waiting for something interesting to happen. Fighters make things happen, we are determined and will not take no for an answer. I will continue my path towards greatness because humans are nothing less, and I hope everyone can realize the truth is, we are all fighters, some of you probably just took a vacation..

• Christi

If we dont fight for the things we want in life, we will lead a life full of regret. Get out there and TAKE ACTION. Find your definite purpose in life, and live it with strength, passionate burning desire, and wisdom from God – who created you.

• Dan

There are many ways to go with that, depending on the circumstances of the fight. Some may need to use discretion as the better part of valor, or live to fight another day, or recouperating to gather strength and re-inforcements. Some may be counted out and do a suprise attack or sting and come out with a victory. Or some may search for and weigh many options unable to decide on one and thus that is a descision in itself. Speaking of fighting, what does toilet paper and star-trek have in common?….. They both fight klingons and boldly go…

• Aviva

Dear Preston,

I always believed that life is a battlefield and one must fight in order to brake through the obstacles and get to their goal. But experience proved that for some people life is a battle, while for others life is a dancing floor, and they naturally know how to maneuver smoothly around and get what they want.

• Molly

Ah, the bells of truth doth ringth! Chess anyone? Chess, like life, makes you win the battle where it’s truly fought-in your mind. Chess is a great game because the playing field is level no matter your status in life- you can still win the game. And just like a game of Chess, you can still win in life no matter your status, as the REAL battle is won in YOUR MIND! God tells us to “put on the whole armor of God” so we can truly be victorious warriors when our enemies come & attack. And the meanest enemy gets us in our mind telling us we can’t, and we aren’t smart enough, etc. Part of that armor protects our minds from those lies, so we can rise victorious and be the winners God created each of us to be. There’s NO glory in being a loser. You’re only a loser if you WANT to be, because if you WANT to be a winner, you WILL BE! So, BE a winner. BE victorious. BE successful. BE the warrior who conquers! WhooYaa!!

• Tina

Well, is it really to be or not to be? I think that depends on one’s state of mind.
    It’s either a wish of yours and God’s will if he’ll grant it.
    Either way, one must make up their mind, and if it doesnt work, then you can say that…..you tried.
    Better to try…then to never know….

• Gbolahan

“To be or not to be?” That is the question. But certainly not the required answer. Wealth might seemed very hard to attain but the opportunities are abound all over the places. Strive to attain what your heart desire for, ” whatever mind can consived, man can achived.”

• Dave Knob

That is the question and the answer of course is to fight. We all live by the sword and most just don’t know that we do. By the sword I mean Gods word. So are we hot or cold for the word. I choose hot. I am a warrior and am willing to do battle for other souls but as happens many times life gets in the way and we struggle with the things which don’t really matter. So if we stick together and encourage each other we will win the fight.

• Rabbi Lamont Smith

I Am The “”Fight”” for Etenity So there is “”NO””Options “”NOT”” to “”Fight”” I’ve been enlisted & Chosen by “””YAHWEH SABAOTH”” SO YAHWEH & I Will ARISE, NO DOUT !!!!!!!!!!!!.

• mactin olimpio

Well Ely,ive always got the girls by standing an fighting .and I was raised to stand up and fight.even if I got my but whipped.the point made was that I stood up for what I believe in.and thats a winner to me .but ive been kicking ass and I still hang made a cent.it would be Easter to come over there and have you pay me to kick someones ass for you.at least I would know that I’d get paid.especially after showing you pictures of the job I knocked out for you.you wouldn’t think twice about paying me.thats a for sure income.

• Edith Rodriguez

Warrior fight to win
    Runners run to win
    No matter how many times you think you failed. You did not. You was just in training to do what you were actually called to do WIN.

• wellington

You have been given a moments in this world yep you need to do anything with strategy in mind and survive and win thus a true Warriors….

• Rodney

I’m the type of guy that will do anything for everyone. I have been fighting sense I was 6 years old because I was in a bad car accident, I ended up with brain damage. I had to learn to walk,talk,eat, I lost most of my memory. And 26 years later I still don’t know my purpose on earth, there is sometimes I wish was not living but, most of the time I thank god and his son Jesus Christ for letting me live. Now all I do is fighting the pain, in my back and my knee’s. This is not the whole story, it’s just all I’m welling to say, when I get the book done, you would be able understand if you buy the book that is.

That’s my to be or not to be, and to fight or not to fight.

• Lawrence.mckenzie

Hello. i get all these text saying your will get rich or you can Learn this sign pay this fee and you are on your way to getting rich! Will the real money maker or the rich guru please stand? Pet parents watch this video if you want to make Long tern finance money Learn from this site:www.Lifesabundance.com/mypetluna. Contact:Lawrence 1-513-418-3363

• ron herring

As a navy seal surly knows and is trained to do he would never and I do mean never turn and run, no real warrior would they would rather die first nothing will ever guarantee your success unless.you do to be or not to be is that the question really? Is it.put it like this don’t just chase your dreams,stalk them. Hide in the bushes, follow them around town. If your dreams aren’tseriously considering a restraining order against you get busy””

• todd

Six months ago I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer and since then I have chosen to live more like a pussy than a warrior. Reading your post has given me a new appreciation for today realizing no one is guaranteed tomorrow. Thank You.

Todd

P.S.
    How do you live each day as a warrior?

• Ligia

With havin so much written conetnt do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement? My site has a lot of unique conetnt I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement. Do you know any ways to help reduce conetnt from being stolen? I’d really appreciate it.

• Paul

I have been fighting and scratching my whole life. I am not wealthy in terms of dollars, but I AM wealthy.

I am a Warrior! I am the father of a Warrior! My son, a Marine Corporal, was killed in Afghanistan in combat action June 3rd, 2011 WAS a Warrior.

Even though, on many days I feel like I may lose the fight. I keep fighting, keep swinging, and I will do so until I join my son, Paul.

• Roscoe

Fighting definitely is what this life is about. You often say it Preston and its so true, that no one said life would be easy. You mentioned that the just shall live by faith, and another one of my most favorite scriptures that correlates with what you have written is “fight the good fight of faith.” Fighting is what separates winners from losers. Its what separates the great from the good. Its what separates excellence from mediocrity. All the great people we love to hear and read about were all fighters. They didn’t hide. If they did we wouldn’t have ever heard about them. Those who shrink back in the midst of battle we just wonder, where are they now? Whatever happened to them? I DO NOT want to be in that boat! So with this I will meditate on the words of wisdom that you wrote and just fight every single day and not allow fear to grip me and fight for the life that I deserve to have!

• Lori

Truly inspiring…I find myself weaving back and forth between warriors mentality and a wussbag. I want ” to be” but I get overwhelmed. As long as I am still here I should be a warrior..I have a warriors heart..I just need to keep focused and have a warriors mind.

• B. Hairston

To fight a good fight or to make a real difference in your life , you must have confidence in your self !
    Weather it’s being a solder or. Genaral (leader) , if you don’t beleave in your self , you have already lost the battle !!!

• Linda

I at one time was one of those that let fear stop me at every turn. Anything I tried, fear had me convinced I couldn’t do it. Never again.

Whom shall I fear. What can man do to me!

Now, I press on toward the mark of the high calling which Christ has called me. I live with purpose. I will become all He has called me to be, and that includes becoming wealthy so that I can finance the preaching of the gospel all over this world.

I will DO IT AFRAID!!!!!!!!!!

• Alex Coles

We fight every time we wake up in the morning, a fight to get right, a fight to stay right, a fight to be a better person then you were yesterday, a fight to up-lift someone today. And as we are fighting for Ourselves & the ones we love; that’s the reason we fight…………Keep Fighting!
    Alex Coles Author of: “Unheard Spoken Word”

• Canda

Preston, your words of encouragement and wisdom that God has given you over the years that you so freely share with us all…sets us all in a place where we don’t and wont’ ever give up…we will fight until the good fight is over..thanks so much for your time and love to us all….bless you and your lovely wife, always.

• Harry Delgado

Preston, you are definitely something else and like no other. As always I started to read and wonder what you where leading to and at the end I could not help but to laugh. I thank you for this upbeat post, you made my day.

• CS

How true that the mind needs to shift from flight but to fight with endurance and perseverance! Not to give up and stick with it to the end. Thanks for the start of the mindset transformation. I would love to explore more of what you will be sharing in the Wake Up Wealthy system.

• larry scafuro

As for me and my household, I choose to stand and fight. Not to fight a frivilus battle, but one that counts and has purpose in life and living.

• Naomi Tong

~~ Fly, Fly, Fly ~~

Fly, I want to fly. I’d rather fly than fight. I’m happy with this smarter way.
    This way, I’m proud that you led the way and you have the strenghth to guide people to the way.
    Open your brain, stop, look, and listen. No more playing, No more hestating, and no more waiting for nothing. Just fly forward to the way.
    Thank you for understanding to follow this path. I’m awake. Ready to fly to the path you led me to!

• Darlene

I have just recently had more revelation or enlightening on this subject. In the midst of fasting (I recommend everyone do at least once or twice a year), anyway I recognized the fact that you if you are going to just maintain the ground you have gained, you need to fight or defend your territory. If you want to move forward, more fighting is necessary, if you want to gain a region or territory, now you need to fight with a strategy or plan in mind and, of course, you always fight to win! No one fights to lose.

• Prateekk

I am very inspired along with your site as wleisy with the structure for your weblog. Is that this a compensated theme or even did you colorize it for you your self? In either case continue the superb high quality writing, it is unusual to see a great blog like this one nowadays.

• Margaretta

hi..klau kulit brminyak pkai mlm je? siang lps cuci muka x pyh pkai ke krim tu? btul2 nk tau sbb sy btul2 brminat..n kulit sy jenis oia+ysensitif+jerlwat halus..cara pkai cmne lak?

• warrior

It is amazing how people try to wright high, only to receive something free! All the “excitement” and “promises” to themselves, all the philosophical thoughts they share sound fake.Some of us never even stop to think about questions like Shakespeare’s famous one, until the life forces us.Only people like the gay who lost his son, or the ones that fight for their life are truly capable not only to answer the question, but to live it. Everything else is vanity.

• Harold

One thing about the truth that is you can do nothing against it so it remains, so after you done all to stand remain standing. And never forget when you walk in the light of Gods word you are going to shine. Light and the darkness has no place when light is present how do you think Daniel felt when the king who is over the entire kingdom listen to some rule that are made up for the judgment of the people and those who are judging you they themselves are not keeping the rules in which they want you to abide by this is just to say if you are the king you can have everybody killed so why did the kings of history allow people to tell them what to do and they where in charge of the kingdom just because some lady dance does this mean that you like her well enough that you would not change your mind in giving her a man’s life because people are looking and listening when you offered her anything. I just wanted to look at how the leaders in charge handle matters in the same manner as Herod. Thanks brother Preston keep the Light Shining so all the sons and the daughter of baal may know that God gives and HE takes away but blessed be the name of the LORD.

• Jacqueline

I’m going to FIGHT! I’m tired of eating the crumbs, setting myself up for suicude. HELP ME LORD! I have to at least be able to save my teenage daughters from the STUPID men (who by the way we do love…) from holding us back because of their MINDSET!

Graduate from High School with your Diploma,
    Graduate from College with your Degree,
    Get a good job until you retire…

But what he forgot to say, is after you retire, then YOU DIE…

• Kay

Praise God! I will continue to fight! I will be a success story as a single mother who never let the obstacles of life bring me down. I will live and not die. My life will not be in vain. I will reach my goal of helping households reach their success and provide resources and services that will nourish and uplift.

While reading this I thought about the movie Glory with Denzel Washington. It’s a classic that always stuck with me. They fought hard and they were ready and willing. They weren’t concerned about death but more about the mark they would leave; the difference they would make in history.

• Delbert E Shier

Four weeks ago my oldest brother was murdered. Three weeks ago one of my oldest son’s friends wanted to fight and since I was out side he thought an old disabled man was a good target. With my son looking through the security door watching as this punk got into my face,, I Did Not Back Down and that made him think maybe he had started with the wrong person.. He backed down and took off to try to get help that he could not find.. I told my oldest son that the next time one of his friends wanted to challenge me I would beat both their asses. they are in their 30s and not kids.. Want to Act Like A Man Be A Man!!!

• Evelyn

to be or not to be, that is question eaither your in.. or your out , when it comes to sucess , you put your best foot forward give it all you got, you learn to set goals, you learn to make mistakes and move on ,, bigest problem that people have , fear to make mistakes its to be or not to be. you learn from other people, thats how you strife, You want to leave your present job. so you can better your self, in todays society you have to know whats out there… make goals for your self, every time i wake up in morning i ask God . whats next for me, he knows what i want. i just got to make things happen.. I ask my self do i want to stay in my present job for rest of my life i say Hell NO. get me out of hear lol

• Elizabeth

Hey, we were put on this planet for a reason and not to hide our talents under a rock. Sometimes that means we have to fight for it with prayer and guidance. If it is clear to us then we need to go for it. Then we need to put everything we can into it.

May the most talented and tuned into god’s plan for your life win!

Warm Regards,
    elizabeth

• JaNice

In reading this blog it reminds me of a life of a Pastor or a Minsters we place other people before us to helpl them see there destiny. In telling them they are great by using the word of God

This is the blue print to the deals that make or break you u r the army and u must win.

• Richard Barnhart

THE BATTLE IS NOT WON BY STRENGTH ALONE,BUT BY WISDOM.SO KNOWLEDGE I ALWASY NEEDED,NO MATTER WHAT ONE IS TRING TO DO,GET DONE.WISE WORDS PRESTON,THANKS FOR YOUR UPLIFTING WORDS AN COMMENTS.

• Linda

I am fighting the fight, engaged in battle, determined to be all that I’ve been created to be and yet become. Pushing forward ..breaking through.. living each and every day by faith in the One who has already won the victory . I’m showing this world that truth is my ally ..lies my foe..ill fight to the finish ..death has no sting..I am an eternal being living out eternal realities.
    These are my weapons of warfare . the battle’s over and done..i’m enforcing it and I’m not alone. I’m living fully alive!!!

• Mel

Your sense of humour is as weird as mine. Have to fight, Mom
    always told me: “Never say die, (sp) say hair color.” Followed
    by: “Think about it stupid, it applies to more than hair.”
    The COURSE, after studying, then applying, I would “Wake Up Wealthy!” what else would there be !

• Lakeesha

In 2005 I received the worst possible news that no one want to hear that you have lupus specially hearing it on your 25th birthday. I felt like my hear stop beating. I first thought that came to mine that I have a death sentence. Just listening to the dr. Telling me that I’m sick and going to be on meds for the rest of my life. That day I lost all faith in god at that moment. I thought to myself why me what did I ever do to deserve this . I went into a deep depression having 2 young children and a husband. I had any fight me in. I felt defeated. As a result of my defeated thoughts and actions my marriage ended and I didn’t have a penny to my name. I became even more angry and blaming other for my problems. In 2012 I tried to kill myself and on the path of self destruction. I knew I had to get help. It was until I went to the hospital and it was a book on the shelf by Joyce Meyer never give up. At first, I didn’t really grasp my attention until chapter 2 discuss different types of birds symbolizes. My first thoughts it was kinda silly as oprah would say her ah huh moment. ” You have a heart of a eagle” I’m a eagle because I have determination, strength, and perseverance. An eagle who refuses to denied its destiny. I’m the one who never gives up who fights to the bitter end. I say these words on a daily basics 3 times a day. For 8 yrs I was focusing on the negatives and what could happen to me. I let my circumstances control me instead taking control of my circumstances .god permits difficulty in our lives because he is trying to reveal something that needs to be strengthen or change. Weakness is never reveal in good times, but only shows up in times of trials and tribulations. In this chapter in my life it has taught me that I’m a warrior and I can conquer through that come my path because I’m a fighter.

• Sarah Hemingway

I say stand and fight. Not only would you be tired from running but the problem still remains. Take care of it in the “Now” don’t let it linger.

• Jamil

Thank you Preston for these powerfull words..i wish i could write some of my own as deep as yours… but i can read.. things like:
    “Unhappy is the fate of one who tries to win his battles and succeed in his attacks without cultivating the spirit of enterprise; for the result is waste of time and general stagnation.”
    “the worst calamities that befall an army arise from hesitation”
    “Great results, can be achieved with small forces.”
    “Never venture, never win!”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Be, Do, Have… i’m all in…

• Jimmy Hemminger

Good blog Preston, life can be hard sometimes, some will quit. As for me, I will fight the good fight for life , for business success, for a Christian. Witness to the end. The life I saved is my own. Heart token after my sons drug overdose death last year, I got sick, in deep depression I asked God am I next, will I go in my sleep? What you want from me? He said get out of bed, get back to work trucking. Do your wholesaler business part time, you will prosper as I am with you…

• Rich

Preston? ( In Consuela Lopez voice from Mr. Deeds)…
    …When a warrior learns to stop the internal dialogue, everything becomes possible; the most far-fetched schemes become attainable. -Carlos Castaneda
    I’m a warrior!

• clint

Great post. yes to be or not to be, to live or die, is a good statement. to be, you want to be the best, but if “not to be” then you’re down in the rut. “to live or die”, yes God has a purpose for us in this life, so you should live life to the fullest. Yes to be a warrior and to fight, you fight to the finish to win, and if you die fighting, you fought a hard fight for your country.

yea I don’t want to be a wuss, so I must fight on and get those real estate deals done. I shall develop that warrior mentality.

I agree with the the other post of Rom 8:37 “we are more than conquerors..”

• Ron

All I can say is most of all I am a money making machine .I will never give up I am on the long hall.I will keep moving forward .many things get in the way but I myself will not quit .I started with nothing and I am going to end up on top of the mountain 🙂

• Val

YES! By God’s grace, I will stand, and through His strength and power, I will fight! Thanks, Preston, for an awesome and challenging message!

• johnydiamond

Health Care is for Quitters, Wealth Care is for the Warriors! Are we employees who quit or business owners with faith? Get out of the box and watch the Fox(it’s an animal not a news station just to clear that up) Be fiscal and be proud.

• Mike the fighter

Well said. I am struggling right now with letting the fighter out. In my mind I am a fighter, but on the outside not so much. It is easy to talk the talk, but much more difficult to walk the walk. I can picture myself as the person I want to be, but something is keeping that person bottled up inside me. I need to step up my game and quit being a wussy.

All of this has made me hungry. Now, on to cook up some hamlet…

• Julia Martin-Dunigan

To BE or not to Be? I AM!!! Connected to the GREAT I AM (GOD)

I AM HEADED FOR SUCCESS IN REAL ESTATE. I love the freedom software. And I love to WIN!!!!

Keep the information coming, I need all I can get (just getting started).

PEACE!

• don

Although many try to take advantage and test our will,
    We must fight for what is right and fair to make
    this a better place for all. This is the best security
    for our country.

• Donna Hennessey

Hi Preston, You are quite talented in your writing. It must BE ( no pun intended) one of your gifts on this planet. Thank You , Preston

• Carol

Don’t let Reality Spoil your Dreams or Ambitions! Fight for your Desired Life!!!! Your Future and Your Family’s lives depend on it!!!!! Inaction is Cowardly. Procrastination leads to Failure. What kind of Future is there for Cowards and Failures? What kind of Future is there for YOU? “If is is to be…it is up to ME!”

• Walter J

I am committed to fighting a good fight, boot strap on, loins girded, sword ,shield, slingshot and staff. Shouting in victory gibing the praise.

• Mr ROBERT BARTON PATRICK

Preston;
    You inspired me as a 65 male prostitute, who finds it hard to find work let alone be positive since the syphilis and gonorrhea have taken its toll on me. Then what can I say about the AIDS that has pretty much destroyed my crotch.

I picked up that kind of message by listening to, watching two of your three videos and taking notes from How to Be a Marketing Monster and Laws of Living Large. Did I create some kind of emotion in you?

Actually, I am a 65 y/o 100% service connected disabled Veteran who has been disabled in many ways from the “gifts that keep on giving” from my two tours in Vietnam and its friend – Agent Orange. I do not share this information with you with the expectations of sympathy or something else that only saps my being and strength. I only tell you this because this is the reality of my life that has made me give up in the winter of my life. As I have told my therapist, “I dreamed a dream so different from this hell I’m living. So different from what it seemed. Life killed the dream I dreamed” This is from “I Dreamed A Dream” from the play and movie Les Miserables.

After spending five hours listening to those two videos; I once again felt that spark of determination of a warrior igniting in me. I also came to the realization it was me giving up on life and not life giving up on me. I had chosen to play the victim and not fight. Your presentations made me once again realize I need to again define who I am, finding my passion and destiny. Then fight as hard as I can to fulfill my destiny regardless of my age or maladies.

You talked about defining moments and said you could not define them or what brings anyone to their defining moments. Personally, your two videos have ignited my quest to determine who I am, what are my destiny/goals and thus my defining moment for whatever time God has for me on this planet.

As far as others, I believe the answer to the question you posed to yourself as to what creates defining moments in people, is extremes of all kinds…painful extremes such as the death of a loved one, loss of an important love, loss of a job, a divorce (especially nasty ones)… loss of anything important in your life.

Conversely, extremely moments/times filled with joy … learning a love one, who was on death’s doorstep, suddenly makes a miraculous recovery, finding your true love/soul mate in your life (such as Ashley), getting married to them, the birth of each child, graduating from any type of schooling and the list goes on.

Then there a different kind of extreme that affects many and each one has a different set of triggers that creates this disorder… DEPRESSION… either short term or long term such as with those who have to choose to fight or not fight their bi-polar disorder, such as I have to do each day.

I have no idea how I came to be bi-polar visa-a-vie manic depressive and I did not realize I have had it for a good portion of my life. It took 33 y ears before I finally got help from the VA and it was through my VA therapist and physiatrist that I was formally diagnosed eight years ago. Now, through the help of many psychotropic meds and bi monthly visits with my therapist I am doing my best to deal with it.

So while positive joyful experiences can have enough energy to create defining moments, for those who are aware of the concept and what it can do to transform their and possibly other people’s lives; you have also made the statement of what those people who are dealing with extremely painful experience or those in varying degrees of depression can do to define who they are, what their purpose is on the planet and what is their destiny.

The answer is in the title of your email “TO FIGHT OR NOT TO FIGHT” is what can create defining moments, again for those who are aware of the concept, truly seeing the value in searching for what is their defining moment, embracing the concept, what they determine to be their purpose is on this planet and putting all their energy into achieving and reaching their destiny.

You have lit a candle of awareness for all the people in your physical audience, for those who read your email and watched your videos, such as me. However, it is only the light of a candle that shows there is another way. It is incumbent upon each person, who hears and watches your presentations, to embrace the light of your candle, take the flame from your candle and create a bonfire of passion that will blaze the way to our individual destinies.

Three last things …

First and most importantly… Congratulation to you and Princess Polo (Ashley) on your marriage.

Second, Yes I know the total time of all three videos is a little over one and a half hours. However, I felt the need to stop the videos from time to time in order to capture gems of knowledge of varying degrees that I felt was important to help me build my bonfire. Then there were different words/concepts I wanted to burn into my consciousness.

Last, is there any way I can get a copy of PowerPoint presentations and is there a way to download videos from the email and on YouTube? I like to keep a library of those things that help me achieve my destiny, be in books, PowerPoint presentations or videos.

You have re-awoken the warrior in me. So much so that if God were to tell me he would be calling me home in 24 hours; I would stay awake for each second of those 24 hours working feverishly to accomplish my destiny.

Thank you for your inspiration and the light of your candle that showed me there is still a strong warrior in me.

May God Bless you and Ashley
    Bob Patrick

• Gina

I fight every damn day with my disability, but I keep going on. One day I am going too find me the internet business that will make my life a little easier and not BULLSHIT some other poor fool is trying to get rich quick.

• MIGUEL SIRIO

The choice is simple??? (FIGHT) Following threw is another tomorrow-too do, A battle once more see’s not your face instead your behind as if your running a race, yet there is no prize, no pride to gain the first to run, just another head held low in shame….dishonor/death) * (NOT) Too Run away any more for A WARRIOR BORN SON, hits the dust in war!!! He rises up !!! As his enemies will no more, the earth except’s his blood, in an ever evening score!!! Focus-Pinpoint-Strike *IS TOO BE* The only way GOD CREATED THE WARRIOR IN ME!!! LORD in HEAVEN I pray this day give me the strength to Fight & STAY! NO MORE RUNNING THAT END’S TONIGHT!!!! In JESUS Name I Choose to FIGHT-THE GOOD FIGHT…(AMEN)

• Tenille

I came in the world as a fighter and going to leave as a fighter. As long as god give me strenght, i will stand.

• Tom

I have reached the point in my life that I have no other option than to step up & fight. I will do whatever it takes to accomplish what the Lord has put me here to do. I cannot fail with him in charge — he will lift me up on eagles wings. I am a winner & I give him all the glory!